SYLLABUS/ PATTERN FOR CONDUCT OF
PRELIMINARY INTERVIEW BOARD (PIB) WRITTEN EXAM
- Syllabus for Exam, No of Questions & Marks
||Nos. of Questions
||Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics
||General Knowledge and English
- Time: Maximum time for each paper is 02 hrs and will be conducted in two sessions from 10:00 hrs to 12:00 hrs and 14:00 hrs to 16:00 hrs.
- Type of Exam: Objective (OMR Answer Sheet will be used).
- Qualifying Marks: The candidates will have to score minimum 40% marks in each paper separately and have an overall average of 50% to qualify.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers: There will be penalty imposed for wrong answers marked by a candidate as under:-
- There will be four possible answers to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, half of the mark assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- If a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happens to be correct. Penalty will be imposed as above.
- There will be no penalty for questions not attempted.
The above change will be implemented with effect from the PIB August 2016 onwards.