CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY :
- Only Ex Service Officer can apply.
- Nationality : Only male citizens of India.
- Age Limits : 18 to 42 years on the date of application.
- Educational Qualifications : Graduate from recognized university.
- Physical Standards : A candidate must be physically and medically fit in all respects.
- Employment : Gainfully Employed.
Note : Serving member of the Regular Army/ Navy/ Air Force/ Police/ GREF/ Para Military and like forces are not eligible.
All desirous Ex Service Officers (Commissioned Officers only) of three services can send their applications alongwith release order and release medical board proceedings to Additional Directorate General TA, Integrated HQ of MoD (Army), ‘L’ Block, Church Road, New Delhi-01. The candidates will be screened by the Army HQ Selection Board (ASB) held at Addl Dte Gen TA, GS Branch, ‘L’ Block, Church Road, New Delhi. Recommended candidates will undergo Medical Examination at Armed Forces Clinic, New Delhi. They will also submit Police Verification Form.
NOTE :Ex Service Officers are required to bring the following documents in original alongwith attested copies at the time of interview:-
HOW TO APPLY:
Gainfully employed Ex-Defence service officers fulfilling the above eligibility criteria can apply in response to advertisements published in leading national newspapers & The Employment News in December – January every year. All desirous Ex Service Officers (Commissioned Officers only) of three services can download Application Form (IAF (TA)-9 (Revised) Part - 1) from the website (FREE OF COST) and send applications alongwith Photocopy of Release Order and Photocopy of Release Medical Board Proceedings to Additional Directorate General Territorial Army, Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence, ‘L’ Block, Church Road, New Delhi – 110 001.
Ex Service Officers to ensure their eligibility for the examination: The Ex Service Officers applying for the ASB Interview should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Interview. Their admission at all the stages of the Interview will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of Admission certificate to the Ex Service Officers will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the competent authority.
Type of Exam: Only Interview.
Ex Service Officer should note that no request for change of date of Interview will be granted.
The eligible candidates shall be issued a call up letter and will be sent by post by the Territorial Army Directorate.
- The Ex Service Officers will be screened by the Army Headquarters Selection Board (ASB) held at Additional Directorate General Territorial Army, Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence, ‘L’ Block, Church Road, New Delhi – 110 001.
- Recommended Ex Service Officers will undergo Medical Examination at Armed Forces Clinic, New Delhi followed by their Police Verification for final selection. All such officers are given the credit of their previous commissioned service on joining the Territorial Army.
Ex Service Officers are required to bring the following documents in original alongwith attested copies at the time of interview. All those ex service officers whose complete documents are not produced for verifications will not be allowed to attend the interview.
- Application Form IAF (TA)-9 (Revised) Part-2 to be downloaded from the website and fill it up in their own hand writing.
- All educational qualification certificates (Matric onwards).
- Latest physical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS Doctor.
- Copy of Identity proof with photographs (Voter ID/PAN Card/Passport/Driving license etc).
- Domicile/ Residential proof.
- Certificate for proof of age (Matric/ Senior Secondary mark sheet & certificate for verification of date of birth).
- Service certificate by candidates employed in Central Govt/ Union Territory/ State/Semi Govt/ Private Sector Authenticated by Head Office alongwith No Objection Certificate by the department as per format given.
- Self employed candidates are required to submit an Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper of minimum value duly attested stating nature of employment and annual income alongwith photocopy of PAN card and self certified character certificate.
- Ex Service Officers whose names vary in documents should submit copy of Gazette notification of India/ State showing the correct name or an affidavit duly supported by newspaper cuttings.
- Copy of Release Order.
- Copy of Release Medical Board Proceedings.
- Latest income proof from the appropriate authority (i.e. Income Tax Revenue Department / Magistrate / Employer).
- Copy of PAN Card.
- Copy of Aadhar Card.
- Copy of Certificates / Reports of all Courses.
THE FOLLOWING APPLICABLE CERTIFICATE BE COMPULSORILY PRODUCED AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW:-
- Certificate to be Rendered by Candidates Employed in Central Government, UT, State Government Duly Authenticated by Head of Office.
- Certificate to be Rendered by Candidates Employed in Private Sector (To be Authenticated by Head of Office).
- Affidavit to be Rendered by Self Employed on Non-Judicial Stamp Papar of Minimum Value Duly Endorsed by Notary.
- Character Certificate to be Rendered by Self Employed Person. (Self Certified by the Candidate).
- Risk Certificate.
EMBODIMENT FOR TRAINING:
- One month Basic Training in the first year of commission.
- Two months Annual Training Camp every year including the first year.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE :
- Commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as Regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
- Promotions upto Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
- Officers commissioned in Infantry TA may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on the requirement.
- Once previous service is verified from concerned PCDA (O) they are granted Ante-Date Seniority for Pay and Promotion.