For Civilians Only
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
- Nationality : Only male citizens of India.
- Limits : 18 to 42 years on the date of application.
- Educational Qualifications : Graduate from any recognized university
- Physical Standards : A candidate must be physically and medically fit in all respects.
- Employment : Gainfully Employed in Central Govt./ Union Territory / State Govt. / Semi Govt. / Pvt. Sector / Self Employed.
Note:Note : Serving member of the Regular Army/ Navy/ Air Force/ Police/ GREF/ Para Military and like forces are not eligible.
HOW TO APPLY:
Gainfully employed civilians fulfilling the above eligibility criteria can apply in response to advertisements published in leading national newspapers & The Employment News in May-June every year. All desirous civilian candidates can obtain Application Form from Employment News or download from the website (FREE OF COST) and send it alongwith self addressed envelope (28 x12 cms) with postal stamps affixed worth Rs. 27/- and two passport size photographs (No other cost for submission) to the respective Territorial Army Group Headquarters as per the choice of following examination centres. NO OTHER DOCUMENTS TO BE ATTACHED WITH APPLICATION FORM. CENTRES OF EXAMINATION :
Candidates should note that no request for change of centre will be granted.
While filling in Application Form, the candidates should carefully decide about choice for the centre for the examination.
The eligible candidates shall be issued an Admit Card and will be sent by post by the respective Territorial Army Group Headquarters.
Candidates whose application forms are found correct will be called for screening (written exam followed by interview only if passed in written exam) by a Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) by the respective Territorial Army Group Headquarters. Successful candidates will further undergo tests at a Service Selection Board (SSB) and Medical Board for final selection.
Candidate who qualify in written test of Preliminary Interview Board are required to bring the following documents in original alongwith attested copies at the time of Preliminary Interview Board:
- All educational qualification certificates (Matric onwards).
- Latest physical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS Doctor.
- Copy of Identity proof with photographs (Voter ID/PAN Card/Passport/Driving license etc).
- Domicile/ Residential proof.
- Certificate for proof of age (Matric/ Senior Secondary mark sheet & certificate for verification of date of birth).
- Service certificate by candidates employed in Central Govt/ Union Territory/ State/Semi Govt/ Private Sector Authenticated by Head Office alongwith No Objection Certificate by the department as per format given below.
- Self-employed candidates or having own Business are required to submit an Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper of minimum value duly attested stating nature of self-employment and income earned annually along with photocopy of PAN Card.
- Self employed candidates are required to submit an Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper of minimum value duly attested stating nature of employment and annual income alongwith photocopy of PAN card and self certified character certificate.
- Candidates whose names vary in documents should submit copy of Gazette notification of India/ State showing the correct name or an affidavit duly supported by newspaper cuttings
- Employees of Railways are required to submit No Objection Certificate authenticated by Railway Board.
FOLLOWING APPLICABLE CERTIFICATE BE COMPULSORILY PRODUCED AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW:-
- Certificate to be Rendered by Candidates Employed in Central Government, UT, State Government Duly Authenticated by Head of Office.
- Certificate to be Rendered by Candidates Employed in Private Sector (To be Authenticated by Head of Office).
- Affidavit to be Rendered by Self Employed on Non-Judicial Stamp Papar of Minimum Value Duly Endorsed by Notary.
- Character Certificate to be Rendered by Self Employed Person. (Self Certified by the Candidate).
- Risk Certificate.
EMBODIMENT FOR TRAINING:
- One month basic training in the first year of commission.
- Two months annual training camp every year including the first year.
- Three months Post Commissioning training within first two years at IMA, Dehradun.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
- Commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as Regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
- Promotions upto Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
- Officers commissioned in Infantry TA may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on the requirement.