Medical Examination Procedure
MEDICAL EXAMINATION PROCEDURE OF THE RECOMMENDED CANDIDATES AT SELECTION CENTRES
1. Recommended candidates appear before the medical board for carrying out their medical board after the SSB results. It takes 4 to 5 days time for the concerned Military Hospital to complete the medical board and after that the candidates are dispersed. NDA candidates are examined both for Army and Navy unless otherwise instructed and endorsement of fitness status will be made accordingly. President of the medical board will guide the candidates for Appeal/Review Medical Board procedures. Candidates may seek the advice of President Special Medical Board for review/appeal in case they have been declared unfit.
Procedure of Appeal Medical Board.
2. The Appear Medical Board will be held at one of the following hospitals :-
(a) Base Hospital, Delhi Cantt.
(b) Command Hospital, Southern Command, Pune.
(c) Command Hospital, Eastern Command, Kolkata.
(d) Command Hospital, Central Command, Lucknow.
(e) Command Hospital, Western Command, Chandimandir.
(f) Command Hospital, Air Force, Bangalore.
(g) Command Hospital, Northern Command, C/o 56 APO.
(h) INHS, Ashvini, Mumbai.
3. The candidates will report for medical examination within the stipulated period i.e., 42 days from the date last examined by the Special Medical Board for re-examination along with the receipted copy of the MRO/TR as directed by the President Medical Board. The Endeavour will be to complete the Medical Board in one day.
Review Medical Board
4. In case of candidate being declared unfit by the Appeal Medical Board, he/she may challenge the proceedings and may be granted review of medical proceedings based on the merit of the case. Any candidate desiring for a review should address the request to Recruiting Directorate (Personnel & Coord), Army Headquarters, West Block III, RK Puram, New Delhi with a copy to the President of Appeal Medical Board within one day of the holding of Appeal Medical Board. The application for RMB are routed through DG AFMS. The decision for grant of RMB is with DG AFMS, and is not a matter of right. RMBs are conducted at R&R Hospital Delhi Cantt and AFMC, Pune.
Stay During the Medical Examination.
5. The recommended candidates after the declaration of SSB results will stay in the Selection Centres in the lines earmarked for the recommended candidates for their medical examination by the Military Hospital. The candidates will be allotted fresh medical chest numbers for the purpose.
6. Candidates who go for Appeal Medical Board or have to get their medical examination done at a later date due to some unavoidable reasons will do so under their own arrangements.
Discipline during Medical Examination.
7. It is utmost important that recommended candidates maintain proper discipline during their stay in Selection Centres during their conduct of medical examination. The candidates are required to put on their medical Chest Number (with Red Cross) whenever they are present in the campus of Selection Centres.